Friday, December 30, 2011

Don't Let Time Rush By You

Doesn't it feel like as we get older, time flies by?  Here it is, almost 2012....I don't feel as old as the year makes me but here I am.  As children, we can't wait to grow up.  We look forward to milestone birthdays, Christmas, learning to drive, getting a boyfriend or girlfriend, graduating from high school, graduating from college, finding a great job, getting married, having kids......at least those were things I remember looking forward to.  And, here I am, watching my kids want life to hurry up.  I just want to slow time down, enjoy my boys and every aspect of their lives.

2011 has been yet another rough year.  And I must admit, I am kind of in a hurry to see what is on the other side of this mountain.  I want to do great things, make a difference in lives, enjoy Colorado and my family and find some stability.  However, I feel like I need to just slow down and let God be God.  He must have me here for this time for a reason.  I have to continually remind myself of this.  I have had such a great opportunity to meet some wonderful friends here and be an extension of God's love.  You know, I have asked "what's next? what's next? what's next?  Come on God....I need to know!"  And after three years of this, and no clear direction, I think maybe I need to just be still and know that He has me right where he wants me.

I will still pray for direction and I am believing for great things this next year.  After finding out that I may have rheumatoid arthritis, I have had a new outlook.  Being in pain a majority of the time, I have purposed that when I have a good day without pain, I will do all possible to enjoy something that Colorado has to offer outside of the house.  When I am in pain, I choose to cope by loving my boys and husband through it.  I can't let it put me out of commission.  Am I giving up hope on God's healing?  Absolutely not!  I believe He heals and I will continue to pray for healing.  I have so many people that I would love to see God heal of their physical issues.  Maybe this will be a big year of healing!!

Have a wonderful 2012!  May God bless you this year! BUT...slow down and enjoy what God has for you!  Don't rush through life!

No comments:

Post a Comment