Thursday, February 10, 2011

Autotext ~ Friend or Enemy

I am waiting to hear the verdict on autotexting. I was very excited at first, when I got a new cell phone that had this great application.  After all, it was very helpful if you weren't quite sure how to spell a word. And, it made texting for a beginner like me, much faster.  But after a few embarrassing mishaps, I am not sure if I like it at all.


Here are a few of my "oops" moments.  One day, Dennis, my hubby was chatting with his buddy on Facebook.  Whatever his friend said to him must have been hilarious.  So, I quickly text his buddy what I thought said, "you just made my honey laugh out loud".  After pressing "send", to my horror, the text actually read "you just made my HINEY laugh out loud".  OH NO!!! There was no way through my own laughter that brought me to tears, that I could text him fast enough to explain.  In fact, he told Dennis about my text before I could retract my statement.  That was the first of many embarrassing autotext surprises.  Another, was when I was texting my friend named Tami.  After finishing the whole message, I looked at the beginning and saw that autotext had changed "Tami" to "TANK".  That so could have been a disaster to our friendship.  Not to mention, that I was asking her for a fattening recipe! YIKES!  And then, just yesterday, I was texting another friend.  In the middle of our conversation, I asked her, "How is Donna doing?"  It was only after I got a response like "???", that I looked at what I had sent her.  It said, "How is Cinnamon doing?"  Now, tell me please, how does autotext get CINNAMON out of Donna?  I laughed out loud and tried to explain that autotext sent that....RIGHT!!! HAHA!  I can just see her mind spinning....why would Cindy, a pastor's wife, be asking me about a stripper?  Well, at least that's what came into my mind as I saw Cinnamon! 

So, I guess my advise to you who use this demon called autotext, READ BEFORE YOU SEND!  And, my conclusion is... ENEMY! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I vote Enemy, however, it does make for funny stories which I enjoy immensely.

    ReplyDelete